Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest news information from worldwide businesses.

    What's Hot

    U.S. extends Ebola travel ban to Green Card holders

    May 23, 2026

    25-year-old doctor found dead at residence in Jalore

    May 23, 2026

    Peec, one of Berlin’s rising startups, more than doubled annualized revenue in months to $10M, sources say

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook Instagram YouTube LinkedIn X (Twitter)
    Trending
    • U.S. extends Ebola travel ban to Green Card holders
    • 25-year-old doctor found dead at residence in Jalore
    • Peec, one of Berlin’s rising startups, more than doubled annualized revenue in months to $10M, sources say
    • IndianOil says no nationwide fuel shortage; supply issues at some outlets ‘highly localised’
    • Can hybrid village stores answer rural Germany’s ‘cry for help’ and fend off far right? | Germany
    • Centre turns on West Bengal funds tap after Suvendu Adhikari’s Delhi visit | India News
    • Indiana deputy shot after helping stranded motorist linked to prior crime
    • KEA to Announce Karnataka KCET Result Date, Time, Direct Link at cetonline.karnataka.gov.in
    Newspublicly
    • About Us
    • Advertise & Partner with us
    • Pitch Your Story
    • Contact Us
    Facebook Instagram LinkedIn X (Twitter)
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • World News
      • Asia
      • India
      • USA
      • UK & Europe
      • Middle East
    • Economy & Business
      • Global Economy
      • Corporate & Industry
      • Finance & Markets
      • Policy & Trade
    • Technology
      • Gadgets & Devices
      • Software & Apps
      • AI & Machine Learning
      • Robotics & Automation
    • Health & Medicine
      • Fitness & Nutrition
      • Research & Innovation
      • Disease & Treatment
      • Doctors, Clinics & Patient Care
    • Travel & Tourism
    • Automobile
      • Electric & Hybrid Vehicles
      • Auto Industry Insights
    • Sports
    • More
      • Education
      • Real Estate
      • Environment & Climate
      • Space & Astronomy
      • War & Conflicts
    Newspublicly
    Home»Sports»Sidney Crosby optimistic abut Evgeni Malkin’s future after contract talks “in a good place” with Penguins
    Sports

    Sidney Crosby optimistic abut Evgeni Malkin’s future after contract talks “in a good place” with Penguins

    AdminBy AdminMay 23, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read0 Views
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Copy Link WhatsApp



    close

    Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby delivered a hopeful message about the future of his longtime teammate Evgeni Malkin, saying recent contract discussions between the organization and the veteran center have reached a promising stage.

    Speaking from the World Championship in Switzerland, Crosby indicated that the end-of-season conversations left him feeling encouraged about Malkin’s chances of staying in Pittsburgh.

    Evgeni Malkin will turn 40 this summer and is slated to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.

    “I’ve just always expected to be playing with him,” Crosby said via NY Times. “After talking with everyone at the end of the year, it felt like it was in a good place in terms of getting something done.

    He also expressed a preference for resolving the situation sooner rather than later, referencing past negotiations that dragged into the summer and created unnecessary uncertainty.

    Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin have been central to the Penguins’ success for nearly two decades, arriving as young phenoms in the mid-2000s and anchoring three Stanley Cup championship teams.

    Crosby has made no secret of his desire to continue their on-ice partnership, describing their connection as one that goes far beyond hockey. Penguins general manager Kyle Dubas has previously voiced the organization’s interest in retaining Malkin.

    With the team coming off another early playoff exit, a short-term deal for the veteran forward appears to be the most likely path to take as Pittsburgh tries to blend its veteran leadership with younger players moving up the roster.

    Sidney Crosby clears the air around retirement speculation

    Sidney Crosby made it clear he has no immediate thoughts of hanging up his skates. The 38-year-old superstar addressed ongoing speculation about his future:

    “Not at all… I said year to year because of where the team is at,” he said. “It just makes sense, whether it’s our cap, who we have coming in and out, just to have that flexibility. It’s important,” Crosby said via NY Times.

    He added:

    “Yeah, I’m saying year to year based on contracts,” he explained. “It just seems to make sense. I mean, it could change. We’ll see. Kyle (Dubas) and I haven’t even talked about it. But I’ll talk with Pat (Brisson) and Kyle later this summer. We’ll talk about it and do what makes sense. If it does make sense to sign for a couple of years, then we’ll do that.”

    Meanwhile, Sidney Crosby and Team Canada are atop the Group B standings with 14 points at the World Championship. Their next game is against Slovakia on Sunday.